Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Accessories you just couldn't pass up

  1. #1
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I collect for Kit, Josefina and Samantha. But there are some accessories that come out that I just can't pass by, no matter who they are for. Felicity's Shrewsbury Cakes Set was one of them because I love to bake. Molly's travel accessories with her cool camera and her camping equipment with the WAY cute mess kit are other sets I just couldn't let go. Even if they don't fit in with Kit, Josefina, Samantha or Nellie, those sets are just too great to miss.

    Have any of you made acceptions to your collections? Was there an outfit or accessory you just had to have? If you only collect historical items, is there an item of today that you'll just HAVE to get if AG makes it?

    Julia

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner OSusannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    939
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    For me, it was the Baking Outfit and accessories. When that went on clearance, I just had to have it because I love to bake, too. The mixer is just so cute! And my DD's love to play with the set, baking cookies under Molly's drop leaf table with the leaves dropped. [img]confused.gif[/img]

    Thus began my descent on that slippery slope...

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner felicityprincess04's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2004
    Posts
    683
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The one thing for me would be Kaya's Foods. Even though I don't have kaya, her foods are AWESOME!!!! A++++ they are so great for pretending!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Kit's typewriter! Diana asked why they moved up and down like that... [img]redface.gif[/img]

    Laurie

  5. #5
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's really too bad no one had a gramophone, that would've been really neat to have!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member shuffar's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    163
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I haven't made any exceptions yet (I should say willingly, when I was younger I was given some AGT clothes b/c they were brand new dolls, but I can't bear to put them on Molly - even back then).

    I have always admired certain pieces of different characters. I love Kirsten's winter outfit and snow shoes and Midsummers outfit, Felicity's Towne Faire outfit and little Noah's Ark (there were a lot of other things she used to have that I loved too), Addy's little patriotic dress, and Josefina's Summer Riding outfit.

    Thankfully I got Kit, so I won't be tempted to dress Molly in all her adorable stuff as well.

    Sometimes its really hard maintaining my purist AGC beliefs, but those beliefs are strong and I've managed to for over a decade. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member kamakajr's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    251
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I collect accessories for the historicals only, with a few exceptions. For example, I just had to have the AGOT flute and violin--I love miniature musical instruments.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member C.H. Pussnboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2003
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We don't have Kit, but coded the typewriter and waffle iron set. Now I want all of Kit's items.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member josephhswife's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    187
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The accessories always amaze me...they are so well made & detailed. I had to have Marisol's cell phone but didn't want her cat. It was a hard decision until DS was encouraging me and said he'd adopt the cat.

    Michele

  10. #10
    AmericanGirlLover2982
    Guest AmericanGirlLover2982's Avatar

    Post

    Because Samantha and me look alike when I was younger I could not pass up on matching AGP place shirt matching for me and Samantha and also the matching Coconut outfits. So Samantha and me dress alike once in a while.

    Nikki [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •